At Synergy Nutri-Science, we trust that the following details will assist the conscientious and astute consumer to make informed decisions when it comes to identifying the difference between a certified and premium quality supplement and one that is not. We encourage our customers to hold us accountable and to compare our proper labelling practices, supplement ingredients and quality, authenticity of our supplements and certified ingredient sources to others. We can confidently state that our supplements are synergistically superior and trustworthy.
Origin of a Protein Supplement
Knowing the origin of a protein supplement is critical to identifying the basis for its quality. It is recommended to consider protein supplements that originate from dairy producing countries with stringent regulations for the production, manufacturing and export of dairy derivatives (like protein supplements). Such globally recognized locations include New Zealand, Canada, some European countries and the USA.
We believe that knowing the actual source of a supplement is critical. When the label of a supplement indicates the type of supplement but not where that supplement was sourced from, how will the consumer know the quality of the supplement and if it is legitimate, credible, bonafide, and so on? Also, in some cases, it is not common practice for supplements to have an accompanying Third Party Lab Analysis Report. This can prevent the consumer from knowing the true quality and credibility of that supplement.
- Synergy Nutri-Science is transparent in our disclosure to ensure that our clients know the exact origin of our supplements so they can rest assured that our products are authentic, high quality, legitimate, credible, bona fide, etc.
- We disclose the source/origin of our supplements and provide the accompanying Third Party Lab Analysis Report, lot number, and expiry date for our supplement products.
- In addition, where applicable, our products' labels have the Registered Trademark certificate that indicates the source producer of the primary ingredients which authenticates the supplement.
A common protein powder supplement is Protein Concentrate and its potency is about 80% protein. Therefore, in a 30 gram scoop serving, there will be about 24 grams of protein. The remaining 6 grams are typically the non-desirables such as fat, lactose, flavouring and moisture. As such, although protein concentrate is typically less expensive, consuming it can increase bloating and flatulence and may contain 10% - 15% less Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAA) than a New Zealand Whey Protein Isolate.
- Synergy Nutri-Science DOES NOT offer a protein concentrate supplement product. We DO NOT include protein concentrate in any of our protein supplements.
New Zealand Whey Protein Isolate
Enter New Zealand Whey Protein Isolate with 93% protein potency, virtually no fat, no lactose and no carbohydrates. This makes New Zealand Whey Protein Isolate a great protein for anyone to use. It tastes great, mixes well, and should not cause bloating or digestive/gas problems. New Zealand Whey Protein Isolate can be added to virtually anything, it can be used to cook and bake, and you can add it to your favourite drink.
It also has about 30% naturally occurring Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs – leucine, isoleucine and valine). Each 30 gram serving has about 8 grams of BCAAs which includes a substantial 4 grams of muscle building Leucine. Given this generous amount of BCAAs, there is no need for additional BCAA supplementation. Since your body cannot produce BCAAs, having a reliable source of BCAAs is critical to replenish your muscles when required.
- Synergy Nutri-Science offers our customers IsoSynergy; 100% authentic New Zealand Whey Protein Isolate ingredients from NZMP®.
- New Zealand is a country that is recognized as being a preferred source of dairy, a leader in the world of dairy production and that has earned a global reputation for safety and integrity.
- NZMP® is the sole manufacturer in New Zealand that produces “New Zealand Whey Protein Isolate”. If a whey protein isolate does not indicate that it is from NZMP®, it is likely not from New Zealand and not an authentic New Zealand Whey Protein Isolate.
- Our IsoSynergy New Zealand Whey Protein Isolate from NZMP® ingredients is high in protein (93%), virtually no fat, no carbs, and no lactose.
- High in BCAAs (8g) including substantial amounts of muscle building Leucine (4g) in every serving.
Casein Protein has similar properties to Whey Protein Isolate and contains all the essential amino acids in adequate enough numbers to optimize muscle recovery and promote overall wellness. Casein protein is touted to be a slow absorbing protein which makes it a perfect post workout and recovery supplement as well as the ideal protein supplement to take before bed. The slow release of its nutrients during your slumber helps to nourish your muscles while you are at rest. Such benefits are important to ensure you have consistent and sufficient muscle nourishing nutrients throughout the day and particularly when you are asleep. Therefore, Casein protein can stimulate muscle protein synthesis and improve your complete protein balance from post-workout through to overnight recovery.
- Synergy Nutri-Science offers our customers CaseinSynergy; 100% authentic New Zealand Casein Protein ingredients from NZMP®.
- New Zealand is a country that is recognized as being a preferred source of dairy, a leader in the world of dairy production, and that has earned a global reputation for safety and integrity.
- Our CaseinSynergy from NZMP® ingredients is high in protein (+90%), high in L-glutamine for muscle building, and provides a slow release of essential amino acids including the muscle builder Leucine.
Blended Protein powders are common and typically consist of different types of protein powder supplements mixed together in an effort to provide the consumer the beneficial properties of each protein in one serving. In principle, this would be ideal however it is important to note that this standard is dependent on the quality of the different proteins and the quantity of the different proteins that are blended together.
For example, if a label on a protein powder supplement indicates that the contents consist of whey protein isolate, at first glance, the interpretation may be that the product seems to be of good quality on the basis of the label indicating it is whey protein isolate. However, further inspection of the label may reveal that the ingredients actually contain protein concentrate blended with whey protein isolate without indicating the quantity of each of the different proteins per serving.
This is concerning because the lack of quantity for each protein and the inclusion of a protein concentrate can diminish the potency of the combined proteins. In essence, that blend could have an abundance of protein concentrate with a sprinkle of whey protein isolate. This can be very problematic and not the highest quality of protein that one initially expected based on the information presented on the label.
- Synergy Nutri-Science DOES NOT offer a blended protein supplement.
Although there exists a variety of protein suitable for anyone including those with a vegan/vegetarian diet, yellow pea is considered one of the highest in quality for a vegan protein and is an effective plant-based alternative to animal protein sources. It has distinguishing first-rate properties and its digestibility is comparable to the best animal proteins. It also has an excellent amino acid balance and a low allergenicity profile, which makes it suitable for those who are sensitive to whey, casein, or other proteins. Research further indicates that pea protein is as effective as whey protein for building muscle and suppressing appetite. In addition, peas may also be one of the better protein sources for weight loss since studies have found pea protein to induce satiety.
- Synergy Nutri-Science offers our customers VegaSynergy; 100% authentic Pisane® yellow pea protein isolate ingredients.
- Our VegaSynergy is a premiere source of yellow pea protein that is high in protein and does not contain GMO ingredients.
- Our VegaSynergy is the ideal protein supplement for anyone including vegans and vegetarians.
- Our VegaSynergy is recommended to be consumed throughout the day and can be consumed with other Synergy Nutri-Science supplements such as CreaSynergy to meet personalized goals.
Power Greens Vitamins
Power foods are a necessary complement to protein, creatine and other complex carbohydrates in maintaining wellness and a healthy diet. Consuming a combination of different power foods allows the user to benefit from the wide range of benefits that each power food has to offer. Most power foods, such as spinach and broccoli, are considered super foods because they contain high amounts of antioxidants and nutrients such as iron and zinc. Eating at least three servings of power foods daily can provide sufficient antioxidants to keep the body protected. Power foods are also low in calories, have properties that boost the immune system, contain low amounts of complex carbohydrates with the necessary amounts of fiber and contribute to regulating blood sugar levels. Having the power of a variety of these foods readily available in a single serving powder format allows the user the convenience to consume the vital vitamins and nutrients whenever and however they want.
- Synergy Nutri-Science offers our customers VitaSynergy; 100% authentic Synergy Nutri-Science power greens vitamin powder supplement.
- Our VitaSynergy is made from 55 natural ingredients such as Barley, Alfalfa, Spinach, Beet Root, Carrot, Pumpkin Seed, Spirulina, Kelp, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Kale, Brussel Sprouts, Milk Thistle, Oat Bran, Pineapple, Papaya, Omega 3, Omega 6, Omega 9.
- Our VitaSynergy is rich in health benefits, vitamin B, calcium and iron and is an ideal powdered vitamin supplement for anyone including vegans and vegetarians.
Creatine Monohydrate is considered one of the most scientifically significant sports supplements of the past few decades which is used to supplement the body’s natural creatine production. In contrast to the variety of other different types of creatine, creatine monohydrate is extremely well-researched and several scientific studies have demonstrated a wide variety of benefits that include muscle growth, decreasing muscle protein breakdown and increasing cognitive function. Creatine Monohydrate is one of the most stable types of creatine that is not degraded during normal digestion and can be 99% absorbed by the muscle tissue.
- Synergy Nutri-Science offers our customers CreaSynergy; 100% authentic Creapure® creatine monohydrate that is vegan friendly and scientifically produced and researched.
- Our CreaSynergy creatine monohydrate is recognized by athletes and scientists as the most effective nutritional supplement that consistently enhances exercise tolerance, increases muscle strength, and lean body mass.
- Our CreaSynergy creatine monohydrate is beneficial when there is a requirement for a burst of intense muscle power typically needed by sports players and athletes from different disciplines such as weight lifters, cycling, sprinting, football, swimming, etc.
- Our CreaSynergy creatine monohydrate increases the reserves of phosphorylcreatine in the muscles, which improves performance and aids recovery in both training and competition.
- Our CreaSynergy creatine monohydrate is recognized to act as an antioxidant that reduces cell damage by oxygen radicals.
Complex Carbohydrates play an important role to benefit our health and wellness, can provide the body with immediate energy and optimizes metabolism to improve energy and weight management. Some of the best complex carbohydrates come from whole grains such as oats. Oats contain a great source of protein, dietary fiber, several B vitamins and dietary minerals such as manganese, selenium, phosphorus, magnesium and zinc. A complex carbohydrate such as oats can play a critical part in refilling glycogen levels that fuels muscle growth and performance and assists with nervous system recovery while limiting muscle breakdown.
- Synergy Nutri-Science offers our customers OatSynergy; 100% authentic Synergy Nutri-Science formulated supplement made from 100% oat ingredients.
- OatSynergy products have the nutritional benefits of oats/oatmeal, are proven to lower LLD cholesterol, stabilizes blood sugar and assists in digestion, excellent source of Branched Chain Amino Acids and Protein, No Soy, are certified Gluten-Free and Non-GMO, and is virtually SOLUBLE.
- Our OatSynergy is like conventional oatmeal, has a low glycemic index, does not require to be heated or cooked and can be mixed in any beverage or food and consumed at any time.
- OatSynergy is an easy and convenient replacement to conventional oatmeal.
Supplement Facts vs. Nutrition Facts
Have you ever notice that supplements are labelled differently? Some have a "supplement facts” panel and others have a "nutrition facts" panel. It is important to note that protein powder and creatine are a dietary supplement therefore we have labelled our supplements with a “supplement facts” panel and not a “nutrition facts” panel. A “nutrition facts” panel is a typical label for a food-type supplement. A dietary supplement labelled with a “nutrition facts panel” can be lower in quality because there can be less of a requirement to complete additional testing for strength and purity of that supplement.
- At Synergy Nutri-Science, we label our supplements accordingly with a “Supplement Facts” panel.
- At Synergy Nutri-Science, we subject our supplements to independent testing and make the Third Party Lab Analysis Report for our supplements available to our customers.
What is on a supplement label may not be what is inside the container. For example, the label may say that the supplement contains Whey Protein Isolate or that it is a blend of different proteins. A best practice for a true and fully transparent label is that it should list its protein types in grams on the “supplement facts” panel. Instead, you will often see a listing of the different protein types as ingredients in the ingredients section without the actual amount of each protein. This practice can preclude the consumer from identifying the exact amount of the different types of protein in the blend. The consumer won't know what they're paying for if the amount of the different types of protein are not disclosed on the label, particularly if the list of protein contains a low quality type of protein.
- At Synergy Nutri-Science, we only use premium protein. Our IsoSynergy, CaseinSynergy and VegaSynergy all list the types of proteins and the percentage of each type of protein in grams within the “supplement facts” panel of our label.
- At Synergy Nutri-Science, the customer will know exactly the amount and type of quality protein that they are purchasing and consuming.
Labels that Indicate Whey Protein Isolate
Be mindful that the contents may not be the quality of whey protein isolate that the consumer is expecting. For starters, divide the protein amount per serving indicated on the label by the serving size amount, for example: the label indicates 25 grams of protein and 34 gram serving size, divide those amounts and that results in 74% protein per serving. In comparison, an authentic New Zealand Whey Protein Isolate is 90%+ protein per serving, for example: 27 grams of protein divided by a 30 gram serving size is 90% protein per serving. The difference in quality is evident.
Secondly, if a supplement label reads "Whey Isolate", do not automatically assume that the protein is authentic "New Zealand Whey Isolate". And if a label reads "New Zealand Whey Isolate" it does not mean it is authentic "New Zealand Whey Isolate" unless the label has the NZMP® certificate to authenticate the protein. As previously mentioned, NZMP® is the SOLE New Zealand Whey Isolate producer in New Zealand.
- At Synergy Nutri-Science, our labels correctly identify the authenticity of our supplements by indicating the source of the supplement.
- At Synergy Nutri-Science, our IsoSynergy has authentic 100% New Zealand Whey Protein Isolate ingredients, is 90% protein per serving and has the NZMP® registered trademark logo on the label with available Third Party Lab Analysis Report.
- New Zealand is a country that is recognized as being a preferred source of dairy, a leader in the world of dairy production and that has earned a global reputation for safety and integrity.
- NZMP® is the SOLE manufacturer in New Zealand that produces “New Zealand Whey Protein Isolate”. If a whey protein isolate does not indicate that it is from NZMP®, it is likely not from New Zealand and not an authentic New Zealand Whey Protein Isolate.
It is not uncommon for protein supplements to have an extensive list of ingredients that form the makeup of that supplement. In those cases, the ingredients list may indicate sugars, different mixed proteins, additives, unnaturally sourced flavours, protein-spiking ingredients such as glycine, taurine, arginine and their derivatives, soy additives, etc.
- The Synergy Nutri-Science nutrition list is simple, our supplements are correctly labelled with a "Supplement Facts" panel, we do not spike our proteins with any additives and they're anti-doping compliant.
- Refer to the ingredients list of our supplements and note that they that contain 100% natural ingredients, natural flavouring, and natural sweeteners such as Organic Stevia. That's it!
Beware of Soy
Soy and soy lecithin are commonly used in a variety of dietary supplement products. Soy is often used as a less expensive alternative to modify the supplement and/or augment the protein source of a protein supplement. Research indicates that soy protein contains isoflavones. Isoflavones are a class of phytoestrogens-plant-derived compounds with estrogenic activity. Soybeans and soy products are the richest sources of isoflavones. These isoflavones can exert estrogenic effects on the body which can increase estrogen in the body; an obvious negative side effect for men.
Soy also contains other toxins such as allergens, goitrogens, lectins, oxalates, phytates, protease inhibitors, saponins, etc. It can exert endocrine disruption in the human body, and may have cancerous-type side effects. A derivative of soy is soy lecithin that can contain similar properties and is often found in and used as an emulsifier in protein powder supplements.
- At Synergy Nutri-Science, NONE of our supplements contain soy and/or soy lecithin.
You Get What You Pay For
In addition to the aforementioned, at Synergy Nutri-Science, we also refuse to entice the consumer with fancy labelling, elaborate packaging and gimmick catchphrases. Instead, we have invested the majority of our time and resources into the appeal of the supplements rather than the packaging itself.
We also recognize that consumers can be mindful of their spending and often compare the pricing between supplements rather than comparing the difference between the supplement qualities, labelling, etc. And so we'd like to remind the consumer about the principal of “You Get What You Pay For”.
If a supplement contains soy, is improperly labelled, has poor protein quality, not from a certified source, no Third Party Lab Analysis Report, etc. it will likely be priced at a certain price point. On the other hand, a Synergy Nutri-Science supplement, which is properly labelled, does not contain soy, has a Third Party Lab Analysis Report, has all natural ingredients, is from a certified source, has a high-grade quality and potency, etc. will be evaluated at a different price point. Ultimately, the decision is up to the consumer but in the end, when the consumer purchases a Synergy Nutri-Science supplement, they know exactly what they have purchased, exactly where it came from, and exactly what they are putting in their body.